This is part two of The Impact of Pregnancy Loss. During part one, we talked to Jessica Daggett, who is the mom of three living children and who has also lost two babies during pregnancy. She told us the story of her daughter being born still and about a subsequent miscarriage. If you haven’t already listened to that, please do that first so that you can pick up where we left off.
If you have listened to part one already, sit back and listen to part two. We are continuing the conversation to help people who have experienced a loss as well as those who know people who have lost a baby. Some of the highlights of the show include:
- How Jessica’s oldest daughter dealt with the death of her first sister and how that experience has impacted her.
- The painful process of telling others about a miscarriage. Also, Jessica talks about why the miscarriage was, in some ways, more difficult than her stillbirth.
- How Jessica explains to strangers how many children she has.
- Ways to respond when hearing about a lost baby that would be helpful to the parents.
- How pregnancy loss has changed who Jessica is as a wife, a mother, and a human being.
- How Jessica celebrates and acknowledges the lives of her children that she lost.
- Advice for moms and dads who have experienced a loss, as well as tips for including grandparents and other relatives who are also affected by the loss.