Have you ever considered becoming a foster parent or adopting a child through foster care? Whether or not you already have biological children, becoming a parent through foster care is a completely different experience, and you won’t want to miss this episode!
Today we are talking to Gini Dietrich, the owner of two businesses and the author of two books. She is also a mother and a wife, and she will be discussing her journey of adopting her daughter through the foster care system. She has some great perspective on the trials and tribulations that go along with adopting through foster care, and she will be sharing her advice for anyone who wants to go through the process themselves.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Why Gini and her husband decided to adopt rather than pursue infertility treatment.
- How the foster-to-adopt process works, as well as the trials that the Dietrich family experienced during the early weeks and months of fostering their baby.
- How visitation worked with Gini’s daughter’s biological mother during the time that they were fostering.
- Why foster parents are not supposed to post information or photographs of their foster children, as well as why biological parents are given many chances to get their child back before the child is available for adoption.
- What life has been like since the adoption has been finalized.
- How Gini handles contact with her daughter’s biological mother now.
- How the bonding process with an adopted child can differ from the bonding process with a biological child.
- Gini’s best advice for people who would like to foster or adopt through the foster care system.