Being a CEO is tough. Being a parent is even tougher. Today we are going to be talking to Rhea Drysdale, the CEO of Outspoken Media. Rhea is also the parent of a four-year-old and a one-year-old. As you can imagine, she has a lot on her plate! She is going to share her experiences of being pregnant, breastfeeding, recovering from a difficult delivery, finding her groove as a new mom, and then transitioning from one child to two, all while also remaining CEO of her company.
Some of the highlights of today’s show include:
- How Rhea’s experience finding out that she couldn’t control everything changed her as a mom and as a CEO.
- How the kindness of strangers helped Rhea survive the first year as a new mom and a CEO.
- Some lessons that Rhea has learned about being a CEO while pregnant, a mom of one, and a mom of two.
- Why Rhea found it easy to bond with moms who had been through traumatic experiences.
- What she would do differently the third time around, if she decides to have another baby.
- How Rhea handled communication with her team members while on maternity leave.
- How parenting helped Rhea appreciate the wisdom of moms who have gone before her.
- Questions Rhea has asked herself to help find balance between work and parenting.
- How Rhea handles working-parent guilt and how she depends on her support system to help her keep it under control.